quinta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2008

Obsessão / Obsession

A minha máquina ainda está no técnico e eu esperando o orçamento, então vou divagar...

My sewing machine is at the technitian and I'm waiting for the estimate cost of its repair, so I decide to ramble...

Lendo blogs por aí percebo que muitos, se não a maioria, dos artesões tem algumas obsessões. No bom sentido, é claro. Geralmente eles gostam de algo e repetem o tema a exaustão. Flores, pássaros, esquilos, coelhinhos, cores específicas como lilás ou azul, ou temas como mantas feitas de retangulos ou a primeira de todas as lições de patchwork, o log cabin.

While reading blogs around the net I see that in a lot of them, if not the majoritiy of them, the crafters had some little obsession, in a good sense, of course. Usually they like something and they repeat it and repeat it. Flowers, birds, squirrels, bunnies, specific colors like purple or blue, or the same theme, like quilts made of rectangles or with one of the first patchwork lessons, the log cabin.

Acho interessante perceber isso, mesmo quando não partilho do interesse. Se tiver algo que se repete para mim, seria meu interesse em coisas/objetos sobre/com gatos, mas 90% do que tenho foi presente e eu mesma nunca fiz nada com esse tema.

It's interesting to notice this even if I don't share the obsession. If there is anything that is repeated with me it would be things/objects about/with cats, but 90% of all the things I have with cats in it I received as gifts and I didn't make anything with this theme yet.

Na verdade, eu faço um esforço danado para não me prender a única coisa e nem mesmo a um único artesanto, sempre com vontade de experimentar e tentar coisas novas. Se faço algo bem ou se gosto especialmente de um objeto, eu repito algumas vezes, especialmente sob encomenda, mas constumo me cansar também e fugir dessa repetição.

Actually, I do a lot of effort to not get stuck with just one thing or even just one craft. I always have the desire to experiment new things. If I made something well or if I like something especially, I may repeat it a few times, and if there are orders for it, but I get tired to make the same thing and I tend to run from this kind of repetition.

Eu vou continuar admirando as obsessções alheias mas também vou continuar no meu caminho de experimentação. Talvez, que sabe, um dia eu também encontre algo para ficar obcecada?

I'll keep admiring other's obsessions but I'll also keep on my path of experimentation. Maybe, who knows, one day I'll find something to obsess about?

1. Scrappy Log Cabin Baby Quilt, 2. approved by Meggy, 3. Strip Search quilt 2, 4. Caminho Mesa Scrap Log Cabin, 5. Crafting 365 / 64 - birds and other felt goodness, 6. Birds! - Crafting 365, day 365, 7. Tulipas muuuuitas!, 8. Crochet Flowers, 9. Hibby (and Dotty and Lily)

Alguns exemplos do que gosto retirados do FlickR and colocados em mosaico via MosaicMaker.

A few examples of things that I like that I found at FlickR and I put them together using MosaicMaker.

Nenhum comentário: