terça-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2009

Eis a resposta / This is the answer

Segunda passada falei da bolsa que estava fazendo. Hoje eu apresento o resultado. Está pronta mas não foi a tradução perfeita do que eu tinha imaginado... Sai com a bolsa no domingo e depois da opinião da minha mãe e da minha irmã, cortei as fitinhas e deixei só a flor como enfeite.

Last Monday I talked about the bag I was making. Today I'm here to show the results. It's ready but it isn't the perfect translantion of what I was thinking... I used the bag on Sunday and after the opinions of my mother and sister I cut out the orage ribbon and left just the flower.

Isso me acontece muito, né? Eu imagino algo e tendo transformar em realidade mas nunca chego realmente . Provavelmente falta técnica e conhecimento. A verdade é que sou muito chegada a um autodidatismo. Ou seja, eu leio as instruções, às vezes tenho algumas aulas e daí pra frente eu vou tentando fazer do meu jeito, redescobrindo a roda mesmo! Tem um lado bom do esforço próprio e aprendizado, mas tem o lado ruim das coisas nunca ficarem como eu sonhei/desejei.

This happens to me a lot. I imagine something and then try to make it a reality but I never get exactly there. Probably for lack of tecnique and knowlegment. The truth is I go with self-teaching most of the time. I read the instructions, sometimes I go to few classes and from that on I try to do things by myself, re-inventing the wheel! There's the good side of it, the effort and the learning but there's the bad side where things never turn out the way I dreamt or wished.

A verdade é que eu tenho uma grande (imensa mesmo, tamanho himalaia) de pedir ajuda. É meio não querer atrapalhar, é parte achar que posso mesmo fazer sozinha, e em parte é achar que ninguém vai gastar o tempo para me ajudar mesmo, então pra que pedir? Ah, tantas coisas que eu ainda tenho que trabalhar em terapia.... (que não estou fazendo mais. A crise chegou mais no meu bolso).

The truth is I have great difficulty (really big, Himalaya size) to ask for help. It's a bit that I don't want to get in the way, it's part thinking that I can really do it myself and another part of me think that nobody will want to waste the time to help me, so why ask? Ah, there are so many things to work in therapy.... (but I'm not going anymore. The economic crises arrived earlier at my pocket).

Mas está na hora de fazer um esforço para mudar essa atitude se eu quiser melhorar e passar a fazer projetos mais complicados. Então tem a mãe dessa minha amiga que costura que é uma loucura e sempre fez roupas, inclusive os uniformes de colégio da minha amiga e suas irmãs! Acho que vou ligar pra ela e ver se consigo algumas aulas para que a saia que estou querendo fazer de presente para minha irmã saia razoavelmente decente...

But it's time to make an effort to change that if I want to get better and jump in more complex projects. So there is the mother of a friend that sew wonderfully and sew clothes all her life, including the school uniforms of her three girls. So I'll call her and ask for some classes so the skirt I'm planning for my sister's birthday turn out half decent...

Estou fazendo pensamento positivos para todos na Austrália, sofrendo de tantas catástrofes naturais que é assustar, incêncios ao sul, enchentes no norte; bem como todos no hemisfério norte sendo castigados pela neve. Nessas horas nossos problemas parecem mesquinharia e é bom formamos uma corrente positiva para que as coisas melhores logo e o sofrimento diminua...

I'mgull of positive thoughs for all in Australia that are suffering from so many natural catastrophes, burning in the south and flooding in the north; as much as everybody at the north hemisphere under so much snow. At times like these our problems seem so small and it's good to try to create a positive stream so things get better soon and all the suffering diminish...

Termino com a imagem da minha casa neste domingo à tarde. Acho que o céu estava indeciso mas acabou sem chover.

I'll finish this post with the view from my apartment this Sunday afternoon. I think the sky was in doubt but, in the end, didn't rain.

Um comentário:

Jana Nielson disse...

I think your bag is beautiful. Never be afraid to ask for help, that is how you learn!